Local telcos in Singapore like Singel, M1 and StarHub have pulled the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 away their racks soon after the South Korean electronics giant publicized a global recall of its newest handset amid reports that several devices exploded while being charged.
StarHub spokesperson told to Channel News Asia“Samsung has informed us that it will provide customers with updates on phone exchange at a later date. In the meantime, Galaxy Note7 users seeking more information on their phone can contact Samsung’s customer care hotline at 1800-Samsung.”
M1 mentioned to their Facebook page, “In line with Samsung’s global Note 7 sales halt, M1 has stopped sales of the handset.”
Exploding batteries got forced Samsung to hold off shipments of Galaxy Note 7 handset. Samsung statement said it might prepare alternatives devices for phones presently sold after discovering problems with the battery cell used.
The maker added that it could take about two weeks to make replacement devices for the handset that already been sold. It was not clear yet when new sales of the handset might start. Some speculations over the recall currently pulled $7 billion off the global smartphone market value.
Traders went the stock to two-weeks lows soon after Samsung advised Reuters late on Wednesday the shipments had been delayed for quality control screening and that deliveries to South Korea’s top three mobile providers had been stopped.